白斑狗鱼张文武 译

Northern Pike詹姆斯·赖特


好吧。那就不妨
All right. Try this,
试试吧。每一位
Then. Every body
我认识和我关心的,
I know and care for,
还有每一位
And every body
将要在
Else is going
我想象不出的孤独
To die in a loneliness
和我无法体会的疼痛中
I can't imagine and a pain
死去的。我们
I don't know. We had
只能活下去。我们
To go on living. We
解开网,我们划开
Untangled the net, we slit
这条鱼的身体,
The body of this fish
从鱼尾的分叉处
Open from the hinge of the tail
一直划到下巴,
To a place beneath the chin
但愿我能为它歌唱。
I wish I could sing of.
我宁愿我们能让
I would just as soon we let
活着的继续活下去。
The living go on living.
我们信奉的一位老诗人
An old poet whom we believe in
说过同样的话,于是
Said the same thing, and so
我们在幽暗的香蒲丛中停下来,
We paused among the dark cattails and prayed
为麝鼠祈祷,
For the muskrats,
为它们尾巴下的涟漪祈祷,
For the ripples below their tails,
为水底的细微响动祈祷,我们知道是蝲蛄在动,
For the little movements that we knew the crawdads were making
为我老表的右手腕祈祷,他后来当了警察。
under water,
我们为那个护猎员的昏花老眼祈祷。
For the right-hand wrist of my cousin who is a policeman.
我们为回家的路祈祷。
We prayed for the game warden's blindness.
我们吃了这条鱼。
We prayed for the road home.
一定有种很美妙的东西在我体内,
We ate the fish.
我真的很开心。
There must be something very beautiful in my body,
I am so happy.


添加译本