刚从去往明尼苏达州罗切斯特的高速公路上下来,
Just off the highway to Rochester, Minnesota,
微光在草地上轻柔地向前跳跃。
Twilight bounds softly forth on the grass.
那两匹印第安小马驹的眼睛
And the eyes of those two Indian ponies
在友好中变暗。
Darken with kindness.
它们从柳树林中高兴地走出来
They have come gladly out of the willows
欢迎我的朋友和我。
To welcome my friend and me.
我们跨过带刺的铁丝网,来到牧场上,
We step over the barbed wire into the pasture
它们在这里吃了一整天的草,只有它们。
Where they have been grazing all day, alone.
对于我们的到来,它们激动万分,
They ripple tensely, they can hardly contain their happiness
几乎无法抑制自己的喜悦。
That we have come.
再次回到家中,它们用力咀嚼着黑暗中的
They bow shyly as wet swans. They love each other.
春天的小树丛。
There is no loneliness like theirs.
我真想把瘦小的那匹揽入怀中,
At home once more, they begin munching the young tufts of spring in the darkness.
因为它已经向我走来,
I would like to hold the slenderer one in my arms,
挨擦着我的左手。
For she has walked over to me
它的身体黑白相间,
And nuzzled my left hand.
鬃毛纷披到前额上,
She is black and white,
微风推着我去爱抚它的长耳朵,
Her mane falls wild on her forehead,
那感觉就像皮肤与少女的手腕接触时一样美好。
And the light breeze moves me to caress her long ear
我突然意识到,
That is delicate as the skin over a girl's wrist.
如果我步出我的身体,我将
Suddenly I realize
开出花来。
That if I stepped out of my body I would break
Into blossom.