阿利加尔光诸 译

AligarhArvind Krishna Mehrotra


在火车站我向别人打听
At the railway station I ask
是否有一趟车可以到达你居住的地方。
if there’s a train to where you are.

我被告知确实有一趟车,但它已经出站,
I’m told there is one but it’s left already,
第二天和第三天也是如此。
so has tomorrow’s and the day after’s.

在树影中,仿佛有人
Somewhere in the trees, painted in
涂画了一抹绿色,清晨的油彩
degrees of green, the morning

仍然没有干透,一只鹊鸲正在
paint still wet, a magpie robin sets up its
给它的乐器调音。你在你的花园里听到它,
musical kit. You hear it in your garden,

我在我的花园里听到它。在夜里,就像夜哭症的孩子,
I in mine. At night, like a colicky child,
虽然老骨头已经疲惫不堪,但欲望让我们难以入睡。
our old bones tired, desire keeps us awake.

把啼哭的孩子哄睡吧,我
Put it to sleep if you can, I’ll do
也要尝试如此,让我们忘记
the same, and for now let’s forget

那个火车站。那里停车困难,
the railway station. Parking’s not easy there,
火车从不按时开出。
the trains keep to no time.


添加译本