August of another summer,and once again
又是夏天八月,我又一次
I am drinking the sun
啜饮日光
and the lilies again are spread across the
荷花再一次铺满水面
water.
我知道它们要的是相互轻触
I know now what they want is to touch each other.
已经多年未到此处
I have not been here for many years
这期间我继续过我的日子。
during which time I kept living my life.
像仓鹭,多想歌唱,但只会嘎嘎地叫,
Like the heron, who can only croak, who
我也希望会歌唱。
wishes he could sing,
哪怕喉咙发出一点点的感谢也好。
I wish I could sing.
事情一向如此,也将继续如此:
A little thanks from every throat would be
一生之中我能感受到幸福,
appropriate.
但那些不开心的事,
This is how it has been, and this is how it is :
我也都记得。
All my life I have been able to feel happiness,
我们每个人都披着阴影。
except whatever was not happiness,
但是现在又到了夏天
which I also remember.
我看着荷花互相躬身,
Each of us wears a shadow.
然后乘着风顺着愿望,
But just now it is summer again
一步步地互相靠拢,
and I am watching the lilies bow to each
很快地,我将转身回家,
other,
谁知道,或许我也将歌唱。
then slide on the wind and the tug of desire, close, close to one another.
Soon now, I'll turn and start for home.
And who knows, maybe I'll be singing.