Because Everything is Terrible 保罗·盖斯特

因为一切都糟透了phil 译


Or feels endlessly ruinous, at least,
一切都在不停地毁坏,那么至少,
I’ll praise the trivial. I’ll praise
我要赞美那些琐碎之事。我赞美
in winter the half-foot of height
埃菲尔铁塔在冬天里
lost by the Eiffel Tower. I’ll praise
失去的半尺高度。我赞美
aspirin, which once was made
阿司匹林,从前它是用
from the boiled bark of the willow tree.
柳树皮熬制而成。
Because there is never
因为这愚蠢的世界
too much pleasure in this stupid world,
从来就没有多少欢乐,
I’ll praise chocolate. Decent
所以我赞美巧克力。不错的
sex. Out-of-body experiences.
性爱。灵魂出窍的经历。
New languages. I’ll praise
新的语言。我要赞美
Wayne Newton because this is perverse.
维恩牛顿,太变态了。
Tumbling through cold space
在寒冷的太空翻滚的
is an asteroid filled with murder.
充满杀机的小行星。
Sealed up in amber, pressed into stone,
封闭在琥珀里,压进石头里,
are bones of the long dead
是死去很久的大蜥蜴的骨头
super-lizards I loved when I was a boy
那是我童年时的最爱
and dying was not a thing
那时候没有人把死亡
anybody ever did. I praise
当做一回事。我赞美
in this instant my sprained ankle,
此刻我扭伤的脚踝,
my sore throat, my face
酸痛的喉咙,
which needs to be shaved.
需要刮须的脸。
I love you, all. I love the shadows
我爱你,爱所有人。我爱影子
inking the window to my right.
投射在我右边的窗户上。
Collection agent, what
讨债代理人,我欠什么债?
do I owe you? I don’t have it to give you,
我没什么可以给你的,
but I can imagine a life
但我能够想象得出
of obscene wealth. I can imagine
可恶的富裕生活。我能够想象
going so fast that time
因为走得太快,时间
slows down. Over there is
慢了下来。在那边
the wooden roller coaster
木质过山车
that is causing all this screaming.
引发的各种尖叫声。
I am screaming. I’m thinking
我尖叫。我正在想起
of my body. I am falling
我的身体。我正要
through sleep into hateful Thursday.
入睡,坠向可恶的星期四。
Tonight: I’ll praise whatever
今夜: 我要赞美即将到来的
is at hand. A new year. The apocalypse.
任何事情。新的一年。世界末日。


添加译本