一切都在不停地毁坏,那么至少,
Or feels endlessly ruinous, at least,
我要赞美那些琐碎之事。我赞美
I’ll praise the trivial. I’ll praise
埃菲尔铁塔在冬天里
in winter the half-foot of height
失去的半尺高度。我赞美
lost by the Eiffel Tower. I’ll praise
阿司匹林,从前它是用
aspirin, which once was made
柳树皮熬制而成。
from the boiled bark of the willow tree.
因为这愚蠢的世界
Because there is never
从来就没有多少欢乐,
too much pleasure in this stupid world,
所以我赞美巧克力。不错的
I’ll praise chocolate. Decent
性爱。灵魂出窍的经历。
sex. Out-of-body experiences.
新的语言。我要赞美
New languages. I’ll praise
维恩牛顿,太变态了。
Wayne Newton because this is perverse.
在寒冷的太空翻滚的
Tumbling through cold space
充满杀机的小行星。
is an asteroid filled with murder.
封闭在琥珀里,压进石头里,
Sealed up in amber, pressed into stone,
是死去很久的大蜥蜴的骨头
are bones of the long dead
那是我童年时的最爱
super-lizards I loved when I was a boy
那时候没有人把死亡
and dying was not a thing
当做一回事。我赞美
anybody ever did. I praise
此刻我扭伤的脚踝,
in this instant my sprained ankle,
酸痛的喉咙,
my sore throat, my face
需要刮须的脸。
which needs to be shaved.
我爱你,爱所有人。我爱影子
I love you, all. I love the shadows
投射在我右边的窗户上。
inking the window to my right.
讨债代理人,我欠什么债?
Collection agent, what
我没什么可以给你的,
do I owe you? I don’t have it to give you,
但我能够想象得出
but I can imagine a life
可恶的富裕生活。我能够想象
of obscene wealth. I can imagine
因为走得太快,时间
going so fast that time
慢了下来。在那边
slows down. Over there is
木质过山车
the wooden roller coaster
引发的各种尖叫声。
that is causing all this screaming.
我尖叫。我正在想起
I am screaming. I’m thinking
我的身体。我正要
of my body. I am falling
入睡,坠向可恶的星期四。
through sleep into hateful Thursday.
今夜: 我要赞美即将到来的
Tonight: I’ll praise whatever
任何事情。新的一年。世界末日。
is at hand. A new year. The apocalypse.