I am so small walking on the beach
如此微小的我在不断展开的天空下
at night under the widening sky.
走在夜晚的沙滩。
The wet sand quickens beneath my feet
湿沙子在我的脚下雀跃,
and the waves thunder against the shore.
当浪头雷击海岸。
I am moving away from the boardwalk
我从人行栈道上走开
with its colorful streamers of people
离开流光溢彩的人群
and the hotels with their blinking lights.
还有灯光闪烁的旅馆。
The wind sighs for hundreds of miles.
千百里的长风在耳边叹息。
I am disappearing so far into the dark
我消失在深远的黑暗里
I have vanished from sight.
我隐去在人们的视线中。
I am a tiny seashell
我是一个小小的贝壳
that has secretly drifted ashore
被海浪悄悄推到岸边。
and carries the sound of the ocean
大洋的涛声在我的身体里激荡。
surging through its body.
我是如此微小以至于无人可以看到。
I am so small now no one can see me.
但为什么我的身体中
How can I be filled with such a vast love?
充溢着如此巨大的爱意?