Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
黄色的树林里两条路分岔,
And sorry I could not travel both
很遗憾我不能两条路都选,
And be one traveler, long I stood
作为旅行者我只一人,伫立良久,
And looked down one as far as I could
尽可能往一条路的深处观看,
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
直到它蜿蜒消失在灌木丛里。
Then took the other, as just as fair,
然后走了另外一条,同样美,
And having perhaps the better claim,
也许还有选它的更好的理由,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
因为它杂草丛生,需要踩踏。
Though as for that the passing there
虽然关于这一点,往来过路
Had worn them really about the same,
把两者磨损的程度大约相同,
And both that morning equally lay
那天早晨,两条路同样躺在
In leaves no step had trodden black.
落叶下,还没脚步把它们踩黑。
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
哦,我把第一条留给了他日!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
但既知路如何一条通往下一条,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
我怀疑是否还有返回的可能。
I shall be telling this with a sigh
在某个地方,许多许多年后
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
我会叹一口气,把这事讲述:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
两条路在树林里分叉,而我——
I took the one less traveled by,
我选择了那条少人行走的路,
And that has made all the difference.
这,造成了此后一切的不同。