Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
深黄的林子里有两条岔开的路,
And sorry I could not travel both
很遗憾,我,一个过路人,
And be one traveler, long I stood
没法同时踏上两条征途,
And looked down one as far as I could
伫立好久,我向一条路远远望去,
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
直到它打弯,视线被灌木丛挡住。
Then took the other, as just as fair,
于是我选了另一条,不比那条差,
And having perhaps the better claim,
也许我还能说出更好的理由,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
因为它绿草茸茸,等待人去践踏——
Though as for that the passing there
其实讲到留下了来往的足迹,
Had worn them really about the same,
两条路,说不上差别有多大。
And both that morning equally lay
那天早晨,有两条路,相差无几,
In leaves no step had trodden black.
都埋在还没被踩过的落叶底下。
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
啊,我把那第一条路留给另一天!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
可我知道,一条路又接上另一条,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
将来能否重回旧地,这就难言。
I shall be telling this with a sigh
隔了多少岁月,流逝了多少时光,
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
我将叹一口气,提起当年的旧事:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
林子里有两条路,朝着两个方向,
I took the one less traveled by,
而我——我走上一条更少人迹的路,
And that has made all the difference.
于是带来完全不同的一番景象。