当我老了刘宛妮 译

When I Am OldJenny Joseph


我老了的时候要穿紫色的衣服,
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
配一顶既不搭衣服也不适合我的红帽子,
With a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me,
把我所有的养老金都用来买
And I shall spend my pension
白兰地和防晒手套
on brandy and summer gloves
还有绸缎凉鞋,
And satin sandals,
然后说我们没钱买黄油了。
and say we've no money for butter.

累了的时候,我要坐在人行道上,
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired,
我要在店里疯狂试吃
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells,
我要按警铃,
And run my stick along the public railings,
我要用我的拐杖划过公家的栅栏,
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
还要为我年轻时做人太正经找些借口。


I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
我要穿拖鞋出门淋雨
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens,
摘别人家院子里的花,
And learn to spit.
还要学着吐口水。


You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat,
你可以着丑到惊人的衫,也可以肆无忌惮地胖
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go,
还可以一次吃三斤香肠,
Or only bread and pickle for a week,
或者一周只吃面包和酸黄瓜,
And hoard pens and pencils and beer mats
囤好几箱钢笔、铅笔、啤酒杯垫
and things in boxes.
之类的东西。


But now we must have clothes that keep us dry,
可是现在我们只能穿干爽的衣服,
And pay our rent and not swear in the street,
按时交租,不能在街上骂人,
And set a good example for the children.
要为孩子们树立好榜样。
We will have friends to dinner and read the papers.
我们得邀请朋友来家里吃饭,我们得读报。
But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
但或许我应该现在就练习一下?


So people who know me
这样认识我的人
are not too shocked and surprised,
到时候就不会太惊讶,
When suddenly I am old
当我突然老了
and start to wear purple!
开始穿紫衣服的时候!


添加译本