橘子刘川 译

The Orange温迪·科普


午饭时我买了个大橘子——
At lunchtime I bought a huge orange—
它的个头逗乐了我们所有人。
The size of it made us all laugh.
我剥开它,和罗伯特与戴夫分着吃——
I peeled it and shared it with Robert and Dave—
他们得四分之一,我拿了一半。
They got quarters and I got a half.

And that orange, it made me so happy,
那个橘子让我如此快乐,
As ordinary things often do
就像平常事物常常带来的那样
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park.
就在最近。买东西。在公园散步。
This is peace and contentment. It's new.
这就是安宁与满足。它真的很新鲜。
The rest of the day was quite easy.

I did all the jobs on my list
这一天剩下的时光过得很自在。
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
我完成了清单的所有工作,
I love you. I'm glad I exist.
乐在其中,还剩了一些时间。
我爱你。我很高兴我还活着。


1992
添加译本