ALL Nature seems at work. Slugs leave their lair-
所有生灵看上去很忙。连懒虫都离开巢穴——
The bees are stirring-birds are on the wing-
蜜蜂们跑来跑去——鸟儿们挥舞着翅膀——
And Winter, slumbering in the open air,
冬天它,在日头下轻鼾,
Wears on his smiling face a dream of Spring!
做着春天的好梦,笑意盎然!
And I, the while, the sole unbusy thing,
而我,这时节唯一不在忙的家伙,
Nor honey make, nor pair, nor build, nor sing.Yet well I ken the banks where amaranths blow,
我没蜜采、没伴儿、没东西造、没歌儿唱。
Have traced the fount whence streams of nectar flow.
Bloom, O ye amaranths! Bloom for whom ye may,
然而我曾在忘忧草常青的湖畔流连,
For me ye bloom not! Glide, rich streams, away!
也曾去神仙酒的源头游荡。
With lips unbrightened, wreathless brow, I stroll
啊忘忧草,你尽情开放吧!为你自己而开放,
And would you learn the spells that drowse my soul?Work without Hope draws nectar in a sieve,
你不会为我而开!啊浓泉,你自个流淌吧,流开去!
And Hope without an object cannot live.
我唇片黯然,我眉头无采,我自个逡巡:
你可知是何魔法将我灵魂愁锁?
没有希望的工作,是以筛捞酒,
而没有目标的希望,它没法儿存活。