降落西川

LANDING史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译


飛越上帝的山脈、峽谷、狐狸點燈的
Flying over God’s mountains, canyons, wastelands
廢墟、貓頭鷹出沒的墳塚,
glimmering with foxfire, graveyards where owls vanish and appear,
你將降落如同一個靈魂降生,
you drop from the stars
從星辰的高度,帶著另一個世界
like a soul being born,
理想的毒素,你將降落到一種命運當中。
and still bearing the toxins

of your own world, glide down
上升的太陽甩下烏雲般破敗的屋舍,
to whatever destiny awaits.
憂患的城市黑夜過後必是一片鳥鳴。

滿樹的喜鵲,滿河的污水,
Dawn struggles up from the torn clouds of houses,
這是某些人的異鄉、某些人的故土。
yet even a miserable village twitters at sunrise,
你將降落,回憶起你的出發——
the trees filled with magpies, the river with sewage—

here’s someone’s adopted city, another’s hometown.
能夠記住的東西並不一定值得記住。
Thinking of landing recalls your departure,
正是凡俗的世界給你以教訓。

但即使最嚴酷的律法也會給生存
though what you remember may hardly be worth it,
留有餘地;你會被惡狗咬上一口,
just one more lesson from the world,
但和舊情相比這只是區區小事。
where the strictest regulations still leave space

for life—after all you’ve been through,
你必須有一個去處,有一個親人,
if you’re bitten by a cur, it’s nothing.
你必須有一個名字,好生活在風沙之中。

一個有人居住的地方:一種語言、
You’re required to confess a destination, a relative,
一種類型的面孔。你小心避開的人群
a name, so you can exit to the wind and sand.
將會要求打開你的箱子。
You’re required to declare your place, its inhabitants, a language,

show your face. You’ll try to avoid the crowds
降落。跑道清潔。而那些惦念著起飛的
but may have to open your suitcase.
鐵鳥,正在醞釀著它們的怒吼。

你鬆開安全帶,看見了大地上的
You touch down, a clean landing,
第一個人:他剛剛醒來,
while the iron birds thinking of takeoff
把運貨小卡車開到飛機的尾部。
are brewing up their roars.
You unclip your seatbelt, see the first man
on earth, just awakened,
steering the baggage cart past the tail.


添加译本