Empty temple, winding cloisters, night of zen meditations.
空無的寺院,迴廊包圍,禪修夜。
But my own frenzied heart
我有我自己的心魔浩蕩
swells with mischief. That moron monk knows nothing,
狂暴來襲。那呆子還不知道
fleeing for his life, shouting in panic: ”Wukong! Help!
只是驚慌逃命:「悟空!悟空!
Wukong!”, thinking he’s master.
快來救我!」他以為自己是師父不成?
Through the forest of pillars I spot his clumsy form,
在重疊廊柱後我能窺見他笨拙身影,
but stay silent, hiding in the shadowy draft.
我默不作聲,藏自己於穿堂風。
“Wukong! Show yourself or I’ll turn into you!”
「悟空!你不出來,我只好變成你了!」
He conjures my magic hat, my golden robe, my tiger-skin,
於是我看見他變了嵌金花帽、黃袍、虎皮裙,
like a dim flame advancing in vast darkness,
暗火一般在茫茫黑夜中前進,
another me fighting the more vicious me,
這是另一個我在抵擋那個更兇悍的我:
huge, invisible. Evil wind roars from four directions.
他大、且無形。惡風四起,竹葉似刀撲面。
Like daggers, bamboo leaves rake my face.
我只能跑、跑、跑!那呆子卻彷彿跟緊,
Run! I can only run, that blockhead at my heels, crying
「救我!」那是另一個我在向我呼叫,
“Save me!”, self calling out to self,
我回頭還能看見他的金睛火眼。
behind me his flaming eyes, golden gaze.
我只能跑、跑、跑!穿過屏風、紙門、
I run through folding screens, paper doors,
枯山水和大盆景,穿過舊朝代、停車場、
withered mountains, waters, fake landscapes,
所有空無的汽車,我稍一邁步就騰空了,
old dynasties, modern parking lots,
再一使勁就上了筋斗雲。一眨眼就是高空萬丈,
their vacant cars. With one more step
明月照遍寒雲,千里眼也看不見,這青青世界
I’m walking on air, with another vaulting onto clouds.
在我下方洶湧。月光不知道從哪裏流溢滿這世界,
In a single blink, ten thousand
我飄浮其中,滿身是悲觀。
zhang
我看見遠處飄來幾架戰鬥機的殘骸也彷彿鬼魂,
aloft,
不禁怒從心生,揮動金箍棒
where moonlight shines through frigid heights,
世界隨即無從遁形,隨著破碎而出現:
where thousand-
那些光輝燦爛的城市聳起、傾斜、顛倒於我四面八方。
li
那些光輝燦爛的城市啊,多年後當我回來我將不見,
eyes can’t even see
如今我卻是目睹末日廢墟的唯一一人。
this fresh green earth pulsing below.
這是我二十九歲的最後一天,我夢見我是孫悟空,
From nowhere, moonlight spills across the globe.
就在這一剎那驚醒。
I drift through it, filled with gloom.
Far off, a few damaged fighter planes rise like ghosts.
Furious, I wave my gold-banded staff,
shattering the world to fragments. No place to hide:
the fabled cities rise, sway, tumble down.
Years later, if I came back, they’d still be gone,
myself the final witness to their ruin. This last day
of my twenty-ninth year, I dream I’m Sun Wukong,
until the moment I wake shivering.