I ONCE TOUCHED HAPPINESS史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

我曾經接觸過幸福廖伟棠

The soul’s dark as a wild beast.
—Mandelstam

靈魂如野獸般陰霾
——曼德爾斯塔姆


Along life’s blade,
我曾經接觸過幸福,
I turned once toward happiness.
沿著生活的鋒刃拐彎。
Blackbirds trilled sweetly winter nights,
黑鳥在冬夜裏婉轉鳴唱,
dead leaves the folded wings of angels.
枯葉卻像天使們夾緊了翅膀。

I walked spring’s bright riverbank once,
我曾經走過春光明媚的河堤,
the Sirens singing beyond plum blossoms.
李花背後塞壬的歌聲兇猛。
I hear them still. May fate’s sisters punish me,
就讓那些命運的姐妹懲罰我吧,
may night bind me.
我仍然傾聽,讓黑夜把我捆綁。

One’s beloved wounds deepest;
傷口中最疼痛的是來自愛人的傷害,
I’ve read the darkest line:
我讀過一句最不幸的詩:
“Delighting in cruel injury,
「我把殘酷的羞辱當作幸福,
I live as in a dream.”
我生活著,然而我身在夢境。」

This morning is no morning, but a lost battle;
今天的早晨不叫做早晨,叫做淪陷;
the bed no bed, but a thicket of thorns.
床也不叫做床,叫做荊棘叢林。
Man is no angel, but may be a biscuit,
人卻不叫做天使,也許叫做餅乾,
crumbled, gulped, digested by winter.
我粉碎了,被冬天的胃消化吞嚥。

I once touched happiness,
但是啊,我卻曾經接觸過幸福,
when old snow was fresh, stroking my face.
那些舊雪曾經新鮮,輕撫過我的臉。
I once wore life’s ice skates,
我曾經穿著生活的冰刀滑冰,
around heaven’s pit
那麼短暫,在天堂的陷阱上劃了個半圓。
etching my brief half circle.


添加译本