King of Chu’s tomb at Lion Mountain
——回到西漢獅子山楚王墓
Here, I’ve shrunk you down to join me:
我把你縮小了帶在身邊
cooks, royal guards, chambermaids,
食官衛士都在
each small as a seal stone.
服侍的丫鬟各以一枚小小的印
也留在身邊
I imagine yours, my lady,
as if your fingerprint were my amulet,
我想你的印
your murmurs my jade pillow,
如指紋是我的玉握
your breath my own jade suit.
私語是我的玉枕
Sleep and darkness hold me close.
暖風是我的玉衣
黑夜使我不醒
For you, I took Qin bricks, Han tiles
to build a citadel of clay:
為了想你
clay hens, clay ducks,
我把秦磚拆卸漢瓦疊來
clay pigs, clay dogs.
已著人造好一座新的陶樓
養了陶雞陶鴨
I summoned lithe dancers
畜了陶豬陶狗
swaying from the waist
to wreathe our affections.
更喚來翹袖折腰的舞孃
As spring rain dripped from eaves,
作我們愛情的瓦當
bowls and winecups sang
任檐前的春色淅淅瀝瀝
a feast unending.
傳呼陶盤與壺觴
延續那未盡的歡宴
Century on century, life after life,
under scorching suns, chill moons,
生生繼之以世世
thunder and mournful winds,
為了想你
I think of you.
日月昭昭其光明
風雷震震其號泣
All my last years, troops and horses,
I found your gaze amid cities’ ruins.
度盡兵馬寫生的殘日
Break the wine jar’s seal, your kiss
我在傾頹的城垣找你的眼神
the stamp that seals my lips.
掲去酒甕的泥封
用一枚龜裂的小印
No kingdom’s larger
為你舌間那一字落款
than this tiny chop.
Not the fiery skies of sunset
沒有任何封土能大過
nor the archives of the dynasties
這一枚小小印圖
can erase its scarlet dot.
即使是彩霞燃燒的野天
從此也沒有任何文獻
能蓋住這一點銘刻的朱紅
後記:二〇〇八年春走訪徐州博物館,最引我注目的
是西漢楚王墓掘出的陪葬品,除了陶燒的杯盤、小巧
的家畜造型,還有一堆職官、衛士與丫鬟的印章。