封印陈义芝

SEALS史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译


——回到西漢獅子山楚王墓
King of Chu’s tomb at Lion Mountain

我把你縮小了帶在身邊
Here, I’ve shrunk you down to join me:
食官衛士都在
cooks, royal guards, chambermaids,
服侍的丫鬟各以一枚小小的印
each small as a seal stone.
也留在身邊


I imagine yours, my lady,
我想你的印
as if your fingerprint were my amulet,
如指紋是我的玉握
your murmurs my jade pillow,
私語是我的玉枕
your breath my own jade suit.
暖風是我的玉衣
Sleep and darkness hold me close.
黑夜使我不醒


For you, I took Qin bricks, Han tiles
為了想你
to build a citadel of clay:
我把秦磚拆卸漢瓦疊來
clay hens, clay ducks,
已著人造好一座新的陶樓
clay pigs, clay dogs.
養了陶雞陶鴨

畜了陶豬陶狗
I summoned lithe dancers

swaying from the waist
更喚來翹袖折腰的舞孃
to wreathe our affections.
作我們愛情的瓦當
As spring rain dripped from eaves,
任檐前的春色淅淅瀝瀝
bowls and winecups sang
傳呼陶盤與壺觴
a feast unending.
延續那未盡的歡宴


Century on century, life after life,
生生繼之以世世
under scorching suns, chill moons,
為了想你
thunder and mournful winds,
日月昭昭其光明
I think of you.
風雷震震其號泣


All my last years, troops and horses,
度盡兵馬寫生的殘日
I found your gaze amid cities’ ruins.
我在傾頹的城垣找你的眼神
Break the wine jar’s seal, your kiss
掲去酒甕的泥封
the stamp that seals my lips.
用一枚龜裂的小印

為你舌間那一字落款
No kingdom’s larger

than this tiny chop.
沒有任何封土能大過
Not the fiery skies of sunset
這一枚小小印圖
nor the archives of the dynasties
即使是彩霞燃燒的野天
can erase its scarlet dot.
從此也沒有任何文獻
能蓋住這一點銘刻的朱紅

後記:二〇〇八年春走訪徐州博物館,最引我注目的
是西漢楚王墓掘出的陪葬品,除了陶燒的杯盤、小巧
的家畜造型,還有一堆職官、衛士與丫鬟的印章。


添加译本