SPEAK史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

說話寒烟


The day I learned to speak
學會說話的第一天
my parents rejoiced I wasn’t mute,
我的父母慶幸我不是啞巴
but who knows what I ate.
可我是吃什麼長大的
Nights, silkworms grazed mulberry leaves,
蠶兒在夜裏吃桑葉,我的心
my heart through the hours of
在寅時吃下什麼
Yin
才吐出陽光下的第一縷絲
browsing what it could.

At dawn I spit my first silk threads.
我開口說話——

混沌裂開的疼痛永遠留在記憶中
Through the pain of the torn primordial,
神性的沉默再也回不到嘴唇上:
I opened my mouth,
說,拼命說……
divine silence fleeing my lips forever:
沒有別的辦法驅趕恐懼
saying, desperately saying.

How else to drive back fear.
滔滔不絕的話語

帶著憤怒,拋向廉價的耳朵
Wrath spills out with eloquence,
滔滔不絕的話語
splashed toward common ears,
帶著歎息,落向空無——
sigh-sleek words
在所有的聽眾後面,我尋找
slipping toward emptiness.
那唯一的聽眾……
Among all who listen
I speak to only one.


添加译本