The rainy season always catches me
我不期待雨季
by surprise. Again I take up
雨季開始了我便要打開
the ongoing tale of the umbrella.
未完的傘的故事
When the rains come,
而雨季真的開始了
one gets opened,
一把傘打開
the other stays shut.
另一把就要摺藏
You’re pleased if my left hand
你喜歡我的左手
blocks the whole downpour,
把你一整季的雨
ribs centered right above your head.
擋在外面
Drizzle or deluge,
內彎的手柄向你移靠
night or day,
讓你成為中心
my one ear works for both.
雨的淅瀝或滂沱
Rain strafes the roadside puddles
需要我的左耳聆聽
shining on your right.
天色晦明
If your steps don’t quicken,
需要我的左側面
mine must slow.
雨打在道旁積水
You tell once more
浮光映在你的右側
how I fell in love
如果你的步伐沒有加快
our first rainy season
我的只好放緩
with the dripping at the umbrella’s edge.
你又說起第一個雨季了
我竟愛上
Rain still falls
傘沿淌下的雨滴
on one umbrella.
Through ceaseless torrents,
雨季開始了
through a vanished landscape,
便沒有兩把傘子
you and I walk on.
雨一開始便沒有停下來
你和我繼續向前走
消失了兩面的風景