苦惱之夜池凌云

FRETFUL NIGHT史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

——兼致希姆博爾斯卡及C
for Szymborska and C.

多麼寂靜。我看見過的世界
How quiet. The world I’ve seen
比彩虹更使我驚訝。
more startling than a rainbow.
如果我對一張紙牌說出希望
If I speak my wish to a playing card,
賭注一束逐漸黯淡的光
betting a bouquet of dim light
像一只虔誠的核桃等待年邁的魔法師,
as a tranquil walnut awaits the old magician,

我為何不能進行祈禱
why can’t I pray
像一個影子,說出罪?
and like a shadow tell the sin?
你一直在飛翔。我閉上眼睛
You’ve been flying. Though my eyes close
卻不懂得祈禱,為一顆心靈贖罪,
I can’t see how to pray, to atone for a soul,
而我們將相聚在一起
but finally we will meet
——「到這個年齡,風吹著窗外的樹」
—”at this age, wind brushes the trees beyond the window.”

我將呈上我的肖像
I offer my portrait,
一個不夠靈敏的人,剝開漆黑的預感
unclever self,
在試驗室裏,解剖一本本單薄的書。
skinning the pitch-dark premonition,
我無法忘記被鏟掉的青草
dissecting a thin pamphlet in a lab.
有著超常力量的樹。
I can’t forget the peeled green sod,

the trees’ great powers.
你從這些樹中挖出迅速腐朽的土地

取走源頭。而我必須說
You dredge soil from these dying roots,
這一次,是短暫的空無
digging out the source. At this very moment,
占據了所有樹林,
transient emptiness
除了無法闡明的愛
floods the groves.
窗外搖曳的樹,我們一無所有。
Aside from inexplicable love,
the motions of those trees
outside the window,
we own nothing.


添加译本