ALONE史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

單獨者树才


Noon! The soul affirmed.
這是正午!心靈確認了。
Sunlight arrows through my heart
太陽直射進我的心靈。
and not one tree casts shadows.
沒有一棵樹投下陰影。

Inside my body, smoky depths of thought
我的體內,冥想的煙散盡,
thinned blue, Buddhist blue, all oneness,
只剩下藍,佛教的藍,統一……
this dusty world ashine as heaven’s mansions.
把塵世當作天庭照耀。

I walk one edge of earth,
我在大地的一隅走著,
my slow pace slower than the sun,
但比太陽走得要慢,
the wind always there to meet me.
我總是遇到風……

Each step, wind rises in my heart,
我走著,我的心靈就產生風,
my coat drifts open to the air.
我的衣襟就產生飄動。
Birds let down to branches. Stones refuse no longer.
鳥落進樹叢。石頭不再拒絕。

What brings me to such solitude?
因為什麼,我成了單獨者?

In sunlight this stone seems welcoming,
在陽光的溫暖中,石頭敞亮著,
like someone in the dusk of life speaking through silence.
像暮年的老人在無言中敘說……
Few listen. Fewer hear.
傾聽者少。聽到者更少。

No stone can be a bird.
石頭畢竟不是鳥。
Who lives simply, happily?
誰能真正生活得快樂而簡單?
Not a stone on earth, not the sun in the sky.
不是地上的石頭,不是天上的太陽……


添加译本