我的骨骼,
My skeleton,
你一度
who once ached
在瘋長中疼痛,
with your own growing larger,
如今
are now,
一年年
each year
不知不覺縮小,
imperceptibly smaller,
變輕,
lighter,
為自身的專注
absorbed by your own
吸收。
concentration.
當我起舞,
When I danced,
你也起舞。
you danced.
當你折斷,
When you broke,
我。
I.
它就這樣躺下,
And so it was lying down,
走路,
walking,
攀爬累人的樓梯。
climbing the tiring stairs.
你的下頜。我的面包。
Your jaws. My bread.
有一天,你,
Someday you,
你的剩餘,
what is left of you,
將從這結合中剃淨。
will be flensed of this marriage.
不規則腕骨上的關節炎,
Angular wristbone’s arthritis,
破裂的豎琴般的胸廓,
cracked harp of ribcage,
遲鈍的腳踵,
blunt of heel,
頭顱敞開的碗口,
opened bowl of the skull,
盆骨上一對淺盤——
twin platters of pelvis—
每一塊都將離我而去,
each of you will leave me behind,
歸復寧靜。
at last serene.
我都知道些什麼?有關你的白晝,
What did I know of your days,
你的黑夜。
your nights,
我終生把你
I who held you all my life
攜帶在手
inside my hands
卻以為我雙手空空。
and thought they were empty?
你終生把我
You who held me all your life
奉在手掌
in your hands
像一位新生兒的母親
as a new mother holds
懷抱赤裸的嬰孩,
her own unblanketed child,
不必思考。
not thinking at all.