HARVEST TROPE史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

豐收的比喻韩东


A fifth month day has two cool ends.
五月的一天有著涼爽的兩端
I hold it like a pan above the flame.
像伸向火焰的平底鍋,我握住它金屬的柄
The time is ripe to stand beneath one tree,
時機已經成熟,我是那個站在樹下被選擇的人
chosen by its fruit, by this noon,
果實選擇我,還有正午、雨點和目光
by raindrops and another’s gaze.
松軟的泥土裏埋藏著我的腳,而我
Below my muddy shoes,
正攪和一片泥濘
more earth.


在收獲的前夕離去,走向更高產的果園
Before the harvest, you head for a richer orchard,
面對一塊著名的坡地,你將錯過一個季節
its famous slope, losing one season.
我們都知道富裕不能分享,也不好瓜分
We know wealth’s not easy to share, nor easy to divide.
在幼苗長成大樹以前就已經知道
We know it before the seedling rises.
我離開你和你的生活。你離開我和果園
I leave you with your life, you leave me with my orchard.
因此不再懷念
No more yearning.


在此之前我們就已知道五月的來臨
We’ve long sensed May was coming.
我們應邀扮演勞動中合作並沉默的男女
Invited to play the couple, we kept silent in our work.
最後的果實入倉——一個命運的奇數
Good luck if the fruit makes the warehouse.
我愛一個人和一個關於豐收的比喻
I’m in love with someone, with a trope of harvest,
並做好准備從最高的枝頭降落
and set to drop from the highest bough.


添加译本