If I were a bird,
假如我是一只鸟,
I should sing, with a husky throat,
我也应该用嘶哑的喉咙歌唱:
this land that is being ravaged by storms,
这被暴风雨所打击着的土地,
this river in which our indignation constantly surges,
这永远汹涌着我们的悲愤的河流,
this raging gale that is blowing incessantly,
这无止息地吹刮着的激怒的风,
and that infinitely gentle dawn emerging from the woods…
和那来自林间的无比温柔的黎明……
— then I should die,
— 然后我死了,
and my feathers should also rot in the earth.
连羽毛也腐烂在土地里面。
Why are my eyes always filled with tears?
为什么我的眼里常含泪水?
Because I deeply love this land…
因为我对这土地爱得深沉……