Song of Watering Horses Near the Great Wall戴玨 译

饮马长城窟行汉乐府

A Han dynasty Yuefu

The riverside grass verdant
青青河畔草,绵绵思远道。
Extends unendingly far away.
远道不可思,宿昔梦见之。
I shouldn't yearn for a far-off man,
梦见在我傍,忽觉在他乡。
Yet I dreamed of him in the night.
他乡各异县,展转不相见。
I dreamed about him by my side,
枯桑知天风,海水知天寒,
Then woke to find him still away,
入门各自媚,谁肯相为言!
Away in various distant places,

Tossing about out of my sight.
客从远方来,遗我双鲤鱼。
A leafless tree can feel the wind,
呼儿烹鲤鱼,中有尺素书。
An unfrozen sea can feel the cold;
长跪读素书,书中竟何如:
Warmly greeted by their families,
上言加餐食,下言长相忆。
Would one of them tell me his news?

A traveler from afar arrives
And brings me a carp-shaped case.
I tell my boy to break the carps
And a silk letter in them we find.
Then I kneel with my back erect
To read what the message says:
‘Eat well & take care of your health,
I've been missing you all the time. ’


添加译本