生命是短暂的,虽然我不想让孩子们知道。
Life is short, though I keep this from my children.
生命是短暂的,而我已经挥霍了很多
Life is short, and I've shortened mine
以一千种可口,却说不出口的方式,
in a thousand delicious, ill-advised ways,
一千种可口,却说不出口的方式,
a thousand deliciously ill-advised ways
我不想让孩子们知道。这个世界
I'll keep from my children. The world is at least
起码有一半是可怕的,而这个估计
fifty percent terrible, and that's a conservative
趋于保守,虽然我不想让孩子们知道。
estimate, though I keep this from my children.
对应每只飞鸟,都有抛向它的石头。
For every bird there is a stone thrown at a bird.
对应每一个宠儿,都有穷困、乞讨,
For every loved child, a child broken, bagged,
沉入湖底的孩子。生命是短暂的而这个世界
sunk in a lake. Life is short and the world
起码有一半是可怕的,对应每一个
is at least half terrible, and for every kind
善良的陌生人,都有一个人想要摧毁你,
stranger, there is one who would break you,
虽然我不想让孩子们知道。我在努力
though I keep this from my children. I am trying
向他们推销这个世界。任何象样的商地产商,
to sell them the world. Any decent realtor
带你走过一片粪坑,都会叨叨说
walking you through a real shithole, chirps on
这是片风水宝地:这个地方可以变得很美,
about good bones: This place could be beautiful,
不是吗?你可以把这个地方建成幸福家园。
right? You could make this place beautiful.