我已經過了結婚的歲數,
I was too old to be married,
但是沒人告訴我。
but nobody told me.
我想他們不太關心。
I guess they didn’t care enough.
那真讓人心寒,不斷地,接住花束
How it had hurt, though, catching bouquets
年復一年!
all those years!
後來我遇見了伊萬,留住了他,
Then I met Ivan, and kept him,
從不知愛情為何物。
and never knew love.
床單裏他的腳真臭!
How his feet stunk in the bed sheets!
我本可以叫他去洗洗,
I could have told him to wash,
但我要拿這臭味當他的把柄。
but I wanted to hold that stink against him.
那天,他在田裏倒斃,
The day he dropped dead in the field,
我從遠處看著。
I was watching.
我在院子裏晾床單,
I was hanging up sheets in the yard,
我晾好了最後一件。
and I finished.