Life-long Undercover明迪, Katie Farris 译

终身卧底胡续冬


What planet are you from, stranger?
不止我一个人怀疑
You have an outer space violin in you left ear
你是来自另一个星球的神秘生物
that plays a string of quiet clouds
你的左耳里有一把外太空的小提琴
in the noisy subway.
能够在嘈杂的地铁里
I suspected it, and others, too, suspected it
演奏出一团安静的星云
and, true: you have a strange device on your retina
你的视网膜上有奇怪的科技
that can always catch the small ads falling from the sky
总能在大街上发现一两张
through the windy air down to the streets.
穿过大气层陨落下来的小广告
Even the sleeping fats in your body are suspiciously
甚至连你身上那些沉睡的脂肪
beautiful.
都美得极其可疑
I worry that one day you will
它们是你藏在皮肤下的翅膀
wing your way back to that other planet with the potato chips
我总担心有一天你会
that are left in your hands decorating your big wings.
挥动着缀满薯片的大翅膀飞回外星
And I will be left here alone trying to decipher
留下我孤独地破译
your space diary written in snow.
你写在一滴雨、一片雪里的宇宙日记
I worry. I always worry.
好在今天早上你在厨房做饭的时候
Fortunately: I've snapped a wavelength of your planet
我偷偷地拉开了后脑勺的诗歌天线
by pulling out a poetic antenna
截获了一段你那个星球的电波
in the back of my head
一个很有爱的异次元声音
while you are cooking in the kitchen.
正向我们家阳台五米远处
You are cooking again, this morning.
一颗老槐树上的啄木鸟下达指令:
A little voice of alien vowels issues an order
让她在他身边作终身卧底
to the woodpecker
千万不要试图把她唤醒
five meters
from our balcony: Let her stay there
as our life-long
undercover
at his side, do not try to wake her up!


添加译本