苹果在转变基因。柑橘在变性。主义
Apples change genes, oranges change genders,
笼罩下的词绝对专制。我说,等于我
words become absolutely tyrannical under the shadow of -ism.
什么都没说;你反对,等于你什么
I speak but say nothing; you oppose and oppose everything.
都反对。悖论的修辞,让我寻找诗的成立。
The paradox of rhetoric leads me to the way of poetry,
付出的是心游万壑,如鹏击长空,看到
I travel valleys and gullies like a huge bird in the sky, only to see
苹果和柑橘被搞成可怜的象征;太象征了。
fruits become symbols. Too symbolic,
苹果的强硬,柑橘的粗暴。以至
the toughness of apples, the brutality of oranges. To find gentleness
在一堆词中间,我寻找它们的温柔,
I have to clear away other words from the pile. I plane off
必须刨开其他词。重要的是,我必须刨开
the snobby and sneaky ones, they've been trying to use the old against...
世故的、奸侫的词,它们一直试图用旧反对……,
Or let me put it another way, they act as if they were authorities,
或者这样说,一直以权威面貌出现,
as if they were ministers, or even emperors, of words.
好像自己是词的大臣,词的皇帝。让我感到,
The kingdom of language is decadent. How have I tolerated it
词的国度其实是腐朽国。唉,我怎能
for so long? I'd rather see chaos. I say
长期容忍这种事发生。我宁愿目睹混乱。
chaos is good! When apples fly in the air
我说,混乱好啊。当苹果也能在空中飞翔,
oranges become shields against the –ism. Or when I see
柑橘成为与主义斗争的盾牌。或者,
apples swimming in the ocean of words like mermaids,
当我看到苹果在词的海里翱游,就像美人鱼;
oranges a pack of camels carrying feelings on their backs, I feel
柑橘也被人看作驮起情感的骆驼。到那时
liberated. I feel so liberated I start writing about
我才会觉得我得到解放;在解放中,
the republic of apples and democracy of oranges. When I see
我写下苹果的共和和柑橘的民主。我会说:
apples have not become tanks, oranges not bombs,
看到苹果没有变成坦克,柑橘没有成为
I know I've not become a slave of words after all.
炸弹。就是看到我终于没有成词的奴隶。