“自由”是一个孤独的词孙文波

"Free" is a Lonely Word明迪, Neil Aitken 译


对你的记忆就是对孤独的记忆;
You, a memory of loneliness, a single word
一个词游走在我大脑的山峦上,
wandering the mountain ridges of my brain
爬过陡峭山崖,下到阴冷沟壑,
over steep cliffs descending into cold ravines.
就像一只被饥饿折磨的母豹,
Like a leopardess tormented by hunger,
仍然动作敏捷而来去无影地行走。
it moves swiftly without leaving a trace.
一个词告诉我:它不希望消失在虚无中,
The word tells me:
就像从来不存在。它要我看见它,要我追踪它,
it doesn’t want to disappear into emptiness
要我像猎人一样,把它从记忆中
as if it'd never existed. It wants me to see it, to track it
找出并大声说出它。可是我却不知道
like a hunter, and find it in the memory,
把它安放在哪里。一个词啊!难道我能够把你
and speak its name aloud.  But I really don't know
安放在这个世界?这个世界甚至不是我的世界,
where to put it.  Word, where can I place you
是政客的世界、商人的世界。我走在
in this world?  This world that's not even mine,
这个世界就像走在刀尖上,走在迷宫里。
a world of politicians, a world of businessmen.
它的确是迷宫。当我看见无论电视还是报纸
I'm walking here as if on a knife's edge, or in a maze.
都在教育人买卖的法则,当我看见
It's a maze indeed.
无论老年人、青年人都在说
Television and newspapers all teach us rules,
有钱就有幸福,有钱就有尊严。
the ins and outs of games. Everyone says
我真地感到巨大的迷宫正敞开大门。
you need money to be happy, to have dignity.
我并不愿意走进去。我宁愿
I see the doors on the great maze opening wide.
面对一朵花、一只鸟、一颗星;我宁愿
I don't want to enter.  I'd rather
把自己关在屋子里。我宁愿你……失踪。
face a single flower, a bird, a star.  I'd rather
shut myself in this room
I'd rather let you, word... disappear.


添加译本