Downstairs, I leaned against a marble wall,
我在樓下靠著大理石牆
opening a book, when a seabreeze touched me.
打開書,這時海風吹來,
I couldn't focus
我什麼也沒看進去,
but let the pages flutter
而只是任由書頁翻飛,
as my white shirt fluttered,
任由我的白襯衫翻飛,
as sea air filled me.
任由海風吹拂我灌注我,
I dared not search the waves
而我不敢抬頭看海面,
for the wind's eye, nor face my own joy
看風的來源,看我自己
bent toward it,
擺出迎風享受的姿勢,
recalling how Orpheus,
因為我知道我一抬頭
with one glance
就會像奧爾菲斯回頭
lost everything.
那樣,失去得到的。