Nightly here by the public garage I
停車場旁邊銀樹上,我這街頭路燈
shine your pale sheen to cold, slick life.
照見你蒼白的光影,濕冷而曖昧
So cautiously your glimmerings begin flashing from
是隨傍晚逐漸明亮起來的鋁質抒情
the metal you’re made of, that fatigues like the look of the buildings
附和大厦的疲倦有時又遊離它
in the empty, perfect distance nothing can fill
永遠空虛的一截距離不知如何填補
and nothing crosses. I’d like to brighten
不知如何跨越,有時想把你燃亮
you to real-life feelings. I’d never harm you;
好讓你能感覺,不,我不是要
I’d just like to turn your mesh of sharp
傷害你,只是想把那團漆黑的委屈
grievances to steady shining. But I don’t know how
化作光明,不知如何可以令金屬熔化
to melt you down to live again, not trembling in rush hours.
死去重生,不再習慣地隨車流晃動
Your blurred, wet reflections laugh at simple me,
你冷柔的反映,常常笑徒勞的街燈
unlikely to dazzle, and yet you’re so tired of shimmering.
有局限亦不能璀璨,你已倦於顏色
Once in white heat you melted and formed a tearless tear
曾經熾紅的在刹那冷凝中嘶叫無淚
and a puff of white smoke. Against despair you played
只盡冒白煙,與其悽悽戚戚不如賞玩
in shattered light. Emptiness held neither struggle nor pain.
糜爛的光影,空幻裏不會有痛楚糾纏
What comfort am I, dim shining that I am.
I’d dry the raindrops on your skin, pass
the dank evenings with you, not fire and scar.
I just want to talk until your original love of light
is not a mistake, to glow with you against the hectic dark.