错误张若轩 译

The MistakeA·E·斯托林斯


那错误很轻,在我手中安放,
The mistake was light and easy in my hand,
像一粒生来要被风带走的种子。
A seed meant to be borne upon the wind.
我不必将它埋下,也无需丢弃,
I did not have to bury it or throw,
只消摊开手掌,让它离去。
Just open up my hand and let it go.

那错误干燥、细小,没有重量,
The mistake was dry and small and without weight,
一阵微风,转眼便把它吹出我的视线,
A breeze quickly snatched it from my sight,
即便那时我想拦住它,
And even had I wanted to prevent,
也无人能说出它的去向。
Nobody could tell me where it went.

我不再想起那一个错误,
I did not think on the mistake again,
直到春天来临,柔软,雨意充沛,
Until the spring came, soft, and full of rain,
院子里,蒲公英一簇一簇地长起,
And in the yard such dandelions grew
绽放,又合拢,再张开,而后随风飘散。
That bloomed and closed, and opened up, and blew.


添加译本