我们住在废弃鸟巢筑起的避难所里——
We live in a shelter built of abandoned birds’ nests —
每个清晨,它们衔走一根根枯枝,索回原本属于它们的东西。
each morning they claim, twig by twig, what’s rightfully theirs.
你高大如马匹横跨紫罗兰峡谷的步伐。
You’re tall as the stride of a horse across a glen of violets.
你渴求我,如同猫在房间里搜寻阳光。
You want me the way a cat seeks out the sunny part of the room.
你教我打那种水手级的绳结,只要我轻轻一拉,便能解开。
You show me how to tie ship-worthy knots, the kind that loosen if I pull just so.
我们的祭坛,是随手从壁橱清洁用品里凑出的东西。
Our altar is whatever we can assemble from the closet’s cleaning supplies.
我们的礼拜之所?是那幅海景画,鲸鱼正用脊背推开波浪。
Our place of worship? That painting of the sea, whales shouldering the waves.
我们吃掉一切,除了那些纤细微小的骨头。
We eat everything but the thin, small bones.
那些纤细微小的骨头——我们吃掉一切,除了
The thin, small bones — we eat everything but
那幅海景画,鲸鱼正用脊背推开波浪。我们的礼拜之所
that painting of the sea, whales shouldering the waves. Our place of worship
是用壁橱里的清洁用品凑出来的。我们的祭坛是
is assembled from the closet’s cleaning supplies. Our altar is whatever
只要我轻轻一拉,便能解开的东西。你教我打水手级的绳结,
loosens if I pull just so. You show me how to tie ship-worthy knots
如同猫在房间里搜寻阳光。你渴求我,
the way a cat seeks out the sunny part of the room. You want me
横跨那紫罗兰峡谷,高大如马匹的步伐。
across a glen of violets tall as the stride of a horse.
一根接一根枯枝,我们索回原本属于我们的东西:每个清晨
Twig by twig, we claim what’s rightfully ours: each morning
我们筑起避难所,舍弃旧巢。我们像鸟儿一样生活。
we build shelters, abandon nests. We live like birds.