The MistakeA·E·斯托林斯

错误张若轩 译


The mistake was light and easy in my hand,
那错误很轻,在我手中安放,
A seed meant to be borne upon the wind.
像一粒生来要被风带走的种子。
I did not have to bury it or throw,
我不必将它埋下,也无需丢弃,
Just open up my hand and let it go.
只消摊开手掌,让它离去。

The mistake was dry and small and without weight,
那错误干燥、细小,没有重量,
A breeze quickly snatched it from my sight,
一阵微风,转眼便把它吹出我的视线,
And even had I wanted to prevent,
即便那时我想拦住它,
Nobody could tell me where it went.
也无人能说出它的去向。

I did not think on the mistake again,
我不再想起那一个错误,
Until the spring came, soft, and full of rain,
直到春天来临,柔软,雨意充沛,
And in the yard such dandelions grew
院子里,蒲公英一簇一簇地长起,
That bloomed and closed, and opened up, and blew.
绽放,又合拢,再张开,而后随风飘散。


添加译本