The mistake was light and easy in my hand,
那过失曾轻巧地躺在我的手心
A seed meant to be borne upon the wind.
像一粒本该随风飘走的种子
I did not have to bury it or throw,
我无需掩埋,也无需抛掷
Just open up my hand and let it go.
只要摊开手掌,任它离去。
The mistake was dry and small and without weight,
那过失干瘪、细小、没有重量
A breeze quickly snatched it from my sight,
一阵微风就把它卷出了视线
And even had I wanted to prevent,
即便当时我想阻止
Nobody could tell me where it went.
也没人能说清它去了哪里。
I did not think on the mistake again,
我再未想起那桩过失
Until the spring came, soft, and full of rain,
直到春天带着细雨温柔降临
And in the yard such dandelions grew
院子里长满那样的蒲公英
That bloomed and closed, and opened up, and blew.
它们开开合合,又绽放,又飘零。