我走到屋后山坡
I go to the mountain side
砍伐幼树,
of the house to cut saplings,
为山巅积雪
and clear a view to snow
开辟视野。但当我举起锯子抬头,
on the mountain. But when I look up,
看见最高枝头
saw in hand, I see a nest clutched in
紧攥着一个鸟巢。
the uppermost branches.
那棵我不砍。
I don't cut that one.
其余的也未砍伐。
I don't cut the others either.
忽然间,每棵树上
Suddenly, in every tree,
都藏着看不见的巢穴
an unseen nest
恰似山峦
where a mountain
本该矗立之处。
would be.