From naked stones of agony
我将以剧痛的裸露石块
I will build a house for me;
为自己造一座居所起来;
As a mason all alone
全然独自如一个石匠,
I will raise it, stone by stone,
我将它造就,石砖着石砖。
And every stone where I have bled
每一块石头上我洒下血滴
Will show a sign of dusky red.
都将显出黯红的印迹。
I have not gone the way in vain,
我走过这路并非徒劳无功,
For I have good of all my pain;
因我得益于全部苦痛;
My spirit's quiet house will be
我曾一一踏踩,造起我寂静
Built of naked stones I trod
灵魂居所的裸露的石块,
On roads where I lost sight of God.
就在我的路途曾迷失于主外。