我忏悔张若轩 译

I Confess艾莉森·卢特曼


我尾随她
I stalked her
在杂货店:她雪⽩发辫的王冠
in the grocery store: her crown
被⼀枚银⾊⼤发夹稳稳固定,
of snowy braids held in place by a great silver clip,
她挺拔的姿态,漾出温柔,
her erect bearing, radiating tenderness,
她把酸奶和⽜油果放进篮⼦的模样,
the way she placed yogurt and avocadoes in her basket,
如北极星般吐放安宁。
beaming peace like the North Star.
我想问:“您在哪条货架找到
I wanted to ask, “What aisle did you find
您的宁静,您是否知道
your serenity in, do you know
如何让婚姻维系五⼗年,或如何独居,
how to be married for fifty years, or how to live alone,
原谅我打扰,但您仿佛拥有
excuse me for interrupting, but you seem to possess
某种让地球燃烧并旋转的智慧——“
some knowledge that makes the earth burn and turn on its axis—"
——
——”
但如今我们不向陌⽣⼈
.”
探问这些。于是我说:“您的头发真美。”
But we don’t request such things from strangers
nowadays. So I said, “I love your hair.”


添加译本