I stalked her
我尾随她
in the grocery store: her crown
在杂货店:她雪⽩发辫的王冠
of snowy braids held in place by a great silver clip,
被⼀枚银⾊⼤发夹稳稳固定,
her erect bearing, radiating tenderness,
她挺拔的姿态,漾出温柔,
the way she placed yogurt and avocadoes in her basket,
她把酸奶和⽜油果放进篮⼦的模样,
beaming peace like the North Star.
如北极星般吐放安宁。
I wanted to ask, “What aisle did you find
我想问:“您在哪条货架找到
your serenity in, do you know
您的宁静,您是否知道
how to be married for fifty years, or how to live alone,
如何让婚姻维系五⼗年,或如何独居,
excuse me for interrupting, but you seem to possess
原谅我打扰,但您仿佛拥有
some knowledge that makes the earth burn and turn on its axis—"
某种让地球燃烧并旋转的智慧——“
—
——
—
——”
.”
但如今我们不向陌⽣⼈
But we don’t request such things from strangers
探问这些。于是我说:“您的头发真美。”
nowadays. So I said, “I love your hair.”