栖息中的鹰吴浦豪 译

Hawk Roosting泰德·休斯


久坐在这树的顶端,我双眼常闭。
I sit in the top of the wood, my eyes closed.
岿然不动,幻想
Inaction, no falsifying dream
不能活在我钩喙与钩爪间:
Between my hooked head and hooked feet:
或梦中预演完美的杀戮和享用食物。
Or in sleep rehearse perfect kills and eat.

高高的树木是天然的便利!
The convenience of the high trees!
空气的浮力和日下光束
The air's buoyancy and the sun's ray
全对我有利;
Are of advantage to me;
大地仰卧让我侦察他的面孔。
And the earth's face upward for my inspection.

我以爪将粗粝的树皮锁住。
My feet are locked upon the rough bark.
那造物倾力
It took the whole of Creation
才锻造这利爪,我的每根羽毛:
To produce my foot, my each feather:
我现将造物捉在爪下
Now I hold Creation in my foot

或者高飞,慢慢地盘旋——
Or fly up, and revolve it all slowly -
我主宰一切而随时乐意杀掉一切。
I kill where I please because it is all mine.
我的身体里没有任何诡辩:
There is no sophistry in my body:
撕碎头颅就是我的礼节——
My manners are tearing off heads -

死亡由我配给。
The allotment of death.
我飞行只经一条路线
For the one path of my flight is direct
生灵的骸骨留在沿途。
Through the bones of the living.
我的大权不需要凭据:
No arguments assert my right:

太阳就在我身后。
The sun is behind me.
事情从我开始就未曾改变。
Nothing has changed since I began.
我的眼睛也从来不容有变。
My eye has permitted no change.
我将要万物这么维持原样。
I am going to keep things like this.


1970
1970
添加译本