I loved you before I was born.
出生前我就爱你
It doesn't make sense, I know.
这说不通,我知道。
I saw your eyes before I had eyes to see.
没有眼睛前我就看见了你的眼睛。
And I've lived longing
而从那一刻起我就生活在每时每刻
for your ever look ever since.
都能看见你的渴望中。
That longing entered time as this body.
这渴望以身体为形钻进时间,
And the longing grew as this body waxed.
它随身体的圆满而生长,
And the longing grows as the body wanes.
随身体的亏缺而生长,
The longing will outlive this body.
它比身体更长久。
I loved you before I was born.
出生前我就爱你。
It doesn't make sense, I know.
这说不通,我知道。
Long before eternity, I caught a glimpse
很久以前,我瞥见了
of your neck and shoulders, your ankles and toes.
你的颈和肩,你的脚踝、脚趾。
And I've been lonely for you from that instant.
从那一刻起我就在为你感到孤单。
That loneliness appeared on earth as this body.
这孤单以身体为形出现在地球上。
And my share of time has been nothing
如果不是为了在你的名字
but your name outrunning my ever saying it clearly.
逃逸之前呼唤它,
Your face fleeing my ever
在你的脸远离之前
kissing it firmly once on the mouth.
吻它的唇,我的时间一无所用。
In longing, I am most myself, rapt,
渴望中,我最是自己,全神贯注,
my lamp mortal, my light
我的灯凡俗,我的光
hidden and singing.
隐匿、低吟。
I give you my blank heart.
我给你我空白的心,
Please write on it
请在上面
what you wish.
写下你的希望。