在这儿,我是你的向导。清晨的街道,
I’m your guide here. In the evening-dark
罩着黄昏的黑,我用手指着,一一命名。
morning streets, I point and name.
看,那些悬铃木,它们斑驳的树皮,
Look, the sycamores, their mottled,
像填色画一样一块块剥落。看,
paint-by-number bark. Look, the leaves
那些叶子,边缘开始锈黄、卷曲。
rusting and crisping at the edges.
我,带着你穿过席勒公园,
I walk through Schiller Park with you
你在我胸前。星星熄灭,悠然隐入
on my chest. Stars smolder well
昼光。看,那边是池塘,有鸭子,
into daylight. Look, the pond, the ducks,
狗狗横穿水洼,追逐视如珍宝的小棍。
the dogs paddling after their prized sticks.
秋天是一个季节,这时的东西
Fall is when the only things you know
都开始终结,而你所以认识它们,
because I’ve named them
只因我为你命名。我很快会为你
begin to end. Soon I’ll have another
介绍另一个季节:窗户上会有
season to offer you: frost soft
柔软的霜,叹息会在上面呼出
on the window and a porthole
舷窗般的圆圈,冰衣会包裹着裸露的
sighed there, ice sleeving the bare
灰色树枝。那将是你第一次看到
gray branches. The first time you see
某样东西死去,你不会懂得它也许
something die, you won’t know it might
会再回来。我迫切地希望你能爱
come back. I’m desperate for you
这个世界,因为是我把你带到了这里。
to love the world because I brought you here.