I’m your guide here. In the evening-dark
在这儿,我是你的向导。清晨的街道,
morning streets, I point and name.
罩着黄昏的黑,我用手指着,一一命名。
Look, the sycamores, their mottled,
看,那些悬铃木,它们斑驳的树皮,
paint-by-number bark. Look, the leaves
像填色画一样一块块剥落。看,
rusting and crisping at the edges.
那些叶子,边缘开始锈黄、卷曲。
I walk through Schiller Park with you
我,带着你穿过席勒公园,
on my chest. Stars smolder well
你在我胸前。星星熄灭,悠然隐入
into daylight. Look, the pond, the ducks,
昼光。看,那边是池塘,有鸭子,
the dogs paddling after their prized sticks.
狗狗横穿水洼,追逐视如珍宝的小棍。
Fall is when the only things you know
秋天是一个季节,这时的东西
because I’ve named them
都开始终结,而你所以认识它们,
begin to end. Soon I’ll have another
只因我为你命名。我很快会为你
season to offer you: frost soft
介绍另一个季节:窗户上会有
on the window and a porthole
柔软的霜,叹息会在上面呼出
sighed there, ice sleeving the bare
舷窗般的圆圈,冰衣会包裹着裸露的
gray branches. The first time you see
灰色树枝。那将是你第一次看到
something die, you won’t know it might
某样东西死去,你不会懂得它也许
come back. I’m desperate for you
会再回来。我迫切地希望你能爱
to love the world because I brought you here.
这个世界,因为是我把你带到了这里。