人生苦短,但这点我不让孩子知道。
Life is short, though I keep this from my children.
人生苦短,但我还自己作践折寿,
Life is short, and I've shortened mine
用了一千种馋人且不明智的方法,
in a thousand delicious, ill-advised ways,
而这一千种不明智得馋人的方法,
a thousand deliciously ill-advised ways
我也不让孩子知道。这世界起码有
I'll keep from my children. The world is at least
百分之五十烂透了,这还是保守估计,
fifty percent terrible, and that's a conservative
但我也不让我的孩子们知道。
estimate, though I keep this from my children.
有一只鸟,就有一块石头砸向一只鸟。
For every bird there is a stone thrown at a bird.
有个孩子有人爱,就有个孩子被击倒、
For every loved child, a child broken, bagged,
装袋,沉入湖中。人生苦短,这个世界
sunk in a lake. Life is short and the world
起码百分之五十烂透了,有一个善良的
is at least half terrible, and for every kind
陌生人,就会有一个想整垮你的人,
stranger, there is one who would break you,
但这一点我不让孩子知道。我正努力
though I keep this from my children. I am trying
向他们推销这个世界。任何在行的房屋
to sell them the world. Any decent realtor
经纪,带你参观一套烂透的破屋,也会
walking you through a real shithole, chirps on
动听地说起骨架挺好:这地方可以很美,
about good bones: This place could be beautiful,
对不对吧?你可以把这地方装修得很美。
right? You could make this place beautiful.