The Way It Is威廉·斯塔福德

事情的真相DeepL 译


There’s a thread you follow. It goes among
有一条线索你一直在追寻。它穿行于
things that change. But it doesn’t change.
不断变化的事物之中。但它本身从未改变。
People wonder about what you are pursuing.
人们对你追寻的对象感到好奇。
You have to explain about the thread.
你必须向他们解释这条线。
But it is hard for others to see.
但他人难以看清它的真貌。
While you hold it you can’t get lost.
只要你紧握着它,就不会迷失方向。
Tragedies happen; people get hurt
悲剧发生;人们受伤
or die; and you suffer and get old.
或死去;而你承受痛苦并逐渐衰老。
Nothing you do can stop time’s unfolding.
你所做的一切都无法阻止时间的流逝。
You don’t ever let go of the thread.
你永远不会放掉那条线索。


添加译本