The Way It Is威廉·斯塔福德

其人之道佚名 译


There’s a thread you follow. It goes among
你遵循着一条线。它穿行在
things that change. But it doesn’t change.
变化的事物中间。但其自身不变。
People wonder about what you are pursuing.
人们疑惑你所追寻的东西。
You have to explain about the thread.
你不得不去解释这条线。
But it is hard for others to see.
但要让别人明白当真好难。
While you hold it you can’t get lost.
你揽住它时便不会迷失。
Tragedies happen; people get hurt
悲剧发生;人们受了伤
or die; and you suffer and get old.
抑或死亡;而你则受苦并且变老。
Nothing you do can stop time’s unfolding.
你做什么都不能停止时间的展开。
You don’t ever let go of the thread.
你从未松开过这条线


添加译本