I keep my answers small and keep them near;
我保持我的答案微小,并放它们在近旁;
Big questions bruised my mind but still I let
大问题们压伤了我的心,但我仍让
Small answers be a bulwark to my fear.
小答案们作为我的恐惧的一个堡垒。
The huge abstractions I keep from the light;
那些庞大的抽象我放在光的外面;
Small things I handled and caressed and loved.
那些微小的事物我把玩、抚摸、爱恋。
I let the stars assume the whole of night.
我让群星夺取整个的夜晚。
But the big answers clamoured to be moved
但那些大答案却吵闹着要搬
Into my life. Their great audacity
进我的生活。它们的大胆无畏
Shouted to be acknowledged and believed.
呐喊着要被承认和相信。
Even when all small answers build up to
即使所有的小答案都建起了
Protection of my spirit, I still hear
我灵魂的保障,我仍听见
Big answers striving for their overthrow
大答案们为它们的倾倒奋斗不息
And all the great conclusions coming near.
而所有那些伟大的结局正在临近。