兄弟张洁 译

The Brother彼得·埃弗瓦恩


清晨来临
When morning came
我起床,泡了茶
I rose and made tea
打发我的兄弟离开。
and sent off my brother.
在安静的房子里
In the quiet house
我坐下来等待。
I sat down to wait.

白昼敲响了我的门
The day knocked on my door
带着一袋货物。黄昏
with its sack of wares. The evening
瞥了一眼我的窗户
looked in my window
用它那无法安慰的灰色眼睛。
with its inconsolable gray eyes
桌上的灯点亮了。
On the table the lamp was lit.

我的兄弟回来了,
My brother came home then,
白色的尘土粘在他的鞋上,
white dust on his shoes
一朵蓝色的小花在他的帽子里,
and a tiny blue fower in his cap.
精疲力尽
weary
仿佛跳了很久的舞
as if he'd danced a long time
或者在田野遇见一个女孩。
or met a girl in the felds.

我碰到了他的衣袖
When I touched his sleeve
我的手指带走了
my fingers brought away
一股薄荷和草的香味。
a fragrance of mint and grass.

现在我的兄弟想要睡了,
Now my brother wants sleep
傻傻地呆视着我的床。
and moons foolishly at my bed.
我想要的
What I want
就是洗他的脚,
is to wash his feet
明天再打发他离开,
and send him off again, tomorrow,
每只鞋里都放一块石头,
with a stone in each shoe
每只手上都放一块石头,
and one for each hand
口袋里却不放面包。
and no bread in his pocket.


添加译本