旅程倪志娟 译

The Journey玛丽·奥利弗


有一天,你终于知道
One day you finally knew
你必须做什么,并开始去做,
what you had to do, and began,
虽然你周围的声音
though the voices around you
一直喊叫
kept shouting
他们的坏建议
their bad advice—
虽然整个房子
though the whole house
开始发抖
began to tremble
而你感到古老的绳索
and you felt the old tug
绊住你的脚踝。
at your ankles.
“改善我的生活!”
"Mend my life!"
每个声音哭喊着。
each voice cried.
但你不停止。
But you didn"t stop.
你知道你必须做什么,
You knew what you had to do,
虽然风用它僵硬的手指
though the wind pried
撬动
with its stiff fingers
这个根基,
at the very foundations,
虽然他们的忧郁
though their melancholy
着实可怕。
was terrible.
天已经
It was already late
晚了,一个疯狂的夜晚,
enough, and a wild night,
路上塞满了
and the road full of fallen
断枝和石头。
branches and stones.
但是,渐渐地,
But little by little,
你将他们的声音抛在身后,
as you left their voices behind,
星星穿透云层
the stars began to burn
散发光辉,
through the sheets of clouds,
一个新的声音出现
and there was a new voice
你慢慢
which you slowly
意识到,它是你自己的声音,
recognized as your own,
伴随着你
that kept you company
当你越来越深地
as you strode deeper and deeper
步入世界,
into the world,
决定去做
determined to do
你唯一能做的事——
the only thing you could do—
决定去拯救
determined to save
你唯一能拯救的生活。
the only life you could save.


添加译本